A smattering of updates from around Africa:
- Burundi: Conflicting judicial mechanisms for land reallocation and titling after the civil war are keeping the potential for renewed tensions alive.
- Central African Republic: An update on the Seleka rebellion and the potential collapse of Bozize’s regime from African Arguments.
- Ghana: People who are institutionalized for mental illness were able to vote in presidential elections for the first time in December.
- Guinea: The Economist writes about business as usual under reformist president Alpha Conde.
- Kenya: An openly gay political candidate dropped out of a senate race over a lack of funding in December, and anti-corruption campaigner John Githongo spoke to the Economist back in November.
- Nigeria: Striking photos from an illegal oil refinery in the Niger Delta.