I’m interested in the microdynamics of state-building in central Africa. I’ll post upcoming research projects and working papers here as they become available.
I'm a research manager at Innovations for Poverty Action, with an interest in conflict & governance, central Africa, and development economics. All views expressed here are my own and not IPA's.
Top PostsDRC: What to Read • Autesserre on the Failure of Peacekeeping • The Social Norms of Bribery • Violence & Agency in the DRC • Conflict Minerals & Kony2012
- 1. Topics
- 2. Places
- 3. Reviews
- 4. Images
- RT @TerahEdun: Atim Caroline Ogwang, an advocate for #SouthSudan's #deaf community. Great piece via @wrcommission womensrefugeecommission.org/blog/1620-an-i… 21 hours ago
- RT @Henry_Dijkhoff: The Economist explains: What happened to #Somalia’s #pirates? | The Economist econ.st/15UAUZc 21 hours ago
- RT @AfPol_Risk: #Burundi - Armed group targets a civilian bus in #Gatumba; residual group of former #FNL rebels suspected. http://t.co/9hHc… 21 hours ago
- RT @rovingbandit: The real obstacles to development bit.ly/10GPSsN 21 hours ago
- RT @HannahHaniya: RT @allafrica: #nigeria Army Withdraws Troops From Mali to Emergency States: allafrica.com/c/-4pw2e 22 hours ago
Some Rights ReservedText & photos not otherwise attributed are licensed to Rachel Strohm under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.